Morning: Psalms 95, 32, 143; Amos 5:6-15; Hebrews 12:1-14
Evening: Psalms 102, 130; Luke 18:9-14
It may be no coincidence that the name of the Charles Dickens character, Uriah Heep in David Copperfield,
rhymes with ‘creep’. He makes your skin crawl with his “yer ’umble
servant” routine that has nothing to do with humility or service. He
reeks of falsehood. A proud person may tend to hide his true self for
shame. ‘Pride’ rhymes with ‘hide’. But the humble man is not ashamed
to be himself. The humble woman speaks the truth about herself. There
is nothing to hide when you know you’re lovable just as you are, warts
‘n’ all.
Daily readings, thoughts from Graham. Pilgrims on the Way to the shrine of the apostle James in Spain shout a greeting to one another: “Ultreya!”; "Keep going", "Press on", “Onward”.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He must increase, but I must decrease
Morning: Psalm 72; I Samuel 1:1-20; Hebrews 3:1-6 Evening: Psalms 146, 147; Zechariah 2:10-13; John 3:25-30 Here, I have sought daily to s...
-
Morning : Psalm 119:97-120 ; 2 Kings 6:1-23; I Corinthians 5:9-6:8 Evening: Psalm 81, 82; Matthew 5:38-48 Jesus teaches to not resist;...
-
Morning: Psalm 107:33-43; 108:1-6; Hebrews 9:1-14; Luke 11:14-23 Evening: Psalm 33 ; Exodus 19:3-8a, 16-20; I Peter 2:4-10 Some accused ...
-
Morning: Psalm 45 ; Genesis 37:12-24 ; I Corinthians 1:20-31 Evening: Psalms 47, 48 ; Mark 1:14-28 St. Paul knows the Cross is foolish...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.