Morning: Psalms 87, 90; I Samuel 4:1b-11; Acts 4:32-5:11
Haven’t
apocalyptic events always been a part of human history? These things
are always happening: “... distress on the earth ... [people] fall by
the edge of the sword and [are] taken away as captives ... Jerusalem
trampled ... distress among nations ... fear of what is coming upon the
world.” But Jesus says, “When these things begin to take place, stand
up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” To
me, this means that release from these perennial terrors is always
near. These horrors happen in every age, yet God is ever near.
Daily readings, thoughts from Graham. Pilgrims on the Way to the shrine of the apostle James in Spain shout a greeting to one another: “Ultreya!”; "Keep going", "Press on", “Onward”.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He must increase, but I must decrease
Morning: Psalm 72; I Samuel 1:1-20; Hebrews 3:1-6 Evening: Psalms 146, 147; Zechariah 2:10-13; John 3:25-30 Here, I have sought daily to s...
-
Morning : Psalm 119:97-120 ; 2 Kings 6:1-23; I Corinthians 5:9-6:8 Evening: Psalm 81, 82; Matthew 5:38-48 Jesus teaches to not resist;...
-
Morning: Psalm 107:33-43; 108:1-6; Hebrews 9:1-14; Luke 11:14-23 Evening: Psalm 33 ; Exodus 19:3-8a, 16-20; I Peter 2:4-10 Some accused ...
-
Morning: Psalm 45 ; Genesis 37:12-24 ; I Corinthians 1:20-31 Evening: Psalms 47, 48 ; Mark 1:14-28 St. Paul knows the Cross is foolish...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.